I have been nominated for a Liebster award by, Meg Writes Stuff, a fantastic blog and worth a check out. The rules for the Liebster are stated below.
Without further a do,
11 Facts about myself.
1. I am 22 and Scottish, though I have an Irish accent ;P
2. I am a qualified healthcare assistant, EMT and a Barista, I have both a love for cafe’s and ambulances.
3. I recently found out I cannot eat my favourite food, cheese (Sad…sad times)
4. I recently moved to Milton Keynes, still settling in.
5. I have been blogging for 5 years but randomly deleted all the posts to revamp my blog. (I am taking it seriously this time).
6. I have a goal to do a roadtrip across America.
7. I love watching movies about writers, especially if I have writers block, The Secret Window being my favourite.
8. I am a Liverpool FC fan, I am also a fan of Cork GAA and Cork City FC
9. I have spent the last 11 Years living in the South Of Ireland in Co. Cork.
10. I love cars, my next car I wish to get an MG ZR, I currently own a 2002 New Shape Toyota Corolla
11. I enjoy walking on my own and listening to music.
Answer 11 Questions from the nominator.
1. What kind of music do you listen to while writing, if any at all??
I listen to chill, laidback indie music while writing, I like a lot of acoustic, nothing too loud.
2. What is it about writing that keeps you going even if you’re not sure you want to continue?
The thing that keeps me going to most is creating new worlds, creating stories and relationships nothing beats how you can create a person and mould their life, on a passion project it is tough but worth it in the end to see the story unfold from one simple idea
3. Who is your favourite author?
This is something that is constantly changing with me but at the moment and for the past two years it has been Stuart MacBride. He is a fantastic wordsmith.
4. What genre do you read but swear you will never write?
Young adult, John Green has made the genre for me but it is never something I have ever thought about writing.
5. What do you do when you tell yourself something along the lines of ”I’ll only procrastinate a little longer”?
I watch tv, either a movie about a writer, a crime film or a detective show.
6. What get’s you right into that writing mood and how do you keep it that way?
What get’s me in that mood is maybe hearing something like part of a conversation or something in my newspaper reading adventures. Recently it has been a place that I see and want to write about. To keep me in that mood I just set myself a writing task.
7. Favourite series and favourite standalone?
Favourite Series: DS Logan McRae Series – Stuart MacBride
Favourite Standalone, Isn’t it pretty to think so – Nick Miller
8. Have you ever screwed up your sleeping schedule because of a book, was it worth it and what was it?
Yes, it was totally worth it. The book was Looking for Alaska by John Green, this was the first book to actually bring tears to my eyes.
9. What do you do to remember ideas, that you are unable to write down.
Try and write them in my phone, or take a photo of something that reminds me.
10. Are there any books or series that you thought were great and then the ending just ruined everything for you?
11. Why do you write?
It is everything to me, a lot has changed in my life, writing hasn’t, it will always be my escape. I also like creating people, and relationships and letting them take me on a journey.
Like MegWrites, the questions are very good and I can’t think of any to change, I am going to assign the same ones.